Cuisine de Jardin with Chef Manu - Pork Filet Mignon Stuffed with Mushrooms and Basil
This moist, succulent pork filet mignon is stuffed with a finely minced blend of sautéed mushrooms, pesto basil, shallots and garlic and wrapped in bacon. Flavor notes abound, this recipe is sure to please. Perfect for an elegant and romantic dinner for two or for a special occasion that will make your next celebration even more festive. Wonderful served with steamed asparagus and baby red potatoes or rice.
- 1 pork filet mignon
- 1 box of white mushrooms
- Burpee pesto basil
- 10 slices of bacon
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1 shallot
- salt and pepper
- Chop the mushrooms, basil (10 leaves), garlic and shallots.
- In a pan with olive oil, reduce the mushrooms down and let cool.
- Cut the filet mignon in half, horizontally, and season to taste.
- Fill filet with the mushroom mix and add parmesan and basil leaves.
- Close the filet mignon and wrap with the bacon.
- Bake at 390 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
Dress it up with this creamy sauce: reduce 3 cups of heavy cream with 1/2 cup of parmesan, salt and pepper.