DO-IT-YOURSELF MOSQUITO REPELLING CONTAINER
Container gardening is a trend that continues to grow. Nearly half of American households report trying some form of container gardening. Creativity, flexibility and portability are a few of the top reasons why people have fallen in love with this form of gardening. Why not make a container that not only looks great, but deters mosquitos naturally. Try this recipe and help beat the bugs AND have a great looking planter for your deck and patio.
Here's what you need:
- A large container
- McDonald Natural & Organic Potting Soil
- McDonald Greenleaf Fertilizer
- Two 6-inch marigolds
- One 4-inch mint
- One 4-inch rosemary
- One citronella geranium
- One Quart Lemon Grass
- To get started, fill your container with McDonald Natural & Organic Potting Soil.
- Sprinkle a handful of McDonald Greenleaf Fertilizer over the soil.
- Loosen plant roots slightly and gently place in the fertilized soil mix.
- Place the lemon grass center stage and add the smaller plants around it.
McDonald TIP: Dead head the marigolds to encourage optimal blooming all summer long.