A delectably delicious twist on a classic, Chef Manu’s pumpkin butter pie is like a marriage of pumpkin pie and pumpkin tart with a sweetly cool, vanilla finish. By using only a few ingredients with McDonald Garden Center’s Virginia-made pumpkin butter, this recipe is as easy as…well..pie! So take the guess work out and whip this up in a jiff this Thanksgiving. The only thing you’ll have leftover is time to watch the big Snoopy float.
- 1 store-bought pie sheet
- Butter (enough to grease baking dish)
- 2/3 cup heavy cream for pie filling
- 10oz heavy cream for Chantilly cream topping
- 1 tbs powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 jar of McDonald Garden Center Pumpkin Butter
- Grease pie plate with butter.
- Unroll pie crust and mold and press crust into of pie plate.
- In a bowl, mix entire jar of McDonald Garden Center Pumpkin butter with 2/3 cup heavy cream and 2 eggs. Blend until smooth and velvety.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
NOTE: The top should brown a little bit when done. Cool for 1 hour.
Chantilly Cream Mixture:
- Cut vanilla bean in half (lengthwise) and remove paste and add to 10oz of heavy cream plus 1 tbs of powdered sugar.
- Whip vanilla paste and heavy cream until smooth and creamy.
- Top pie with Chantilly cream and enjoy.