Did you know that July is National Blueberry Month? Quite possibly nature's perfect fruit, blueberries are one of the healthiest foods around, and they require no pitting or peeling. Take advantage of these little blue gems with this delightful blueberry crumb cake recipe created by our very own Chef Manu.
Although crumb cakes are most often served for breakfast, this version, with oodles of sweet blueberries and a rich, buttery topping, is decadent enough to be served for dessert (with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, of course). Or, have it with a cup of coffee or tea in the afternoon. So, top-off your summer with this any-time blueberry treat.
Cuisine de Jardin with Chef Manu - "Berrylicious Blueberry Crumb Cake.”
- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 cup almond powder
- 3 tbsp. milk
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 box of fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. butter
- Mix melted butter, brown sugar, vanilla and sugar
- Add milk and mix
- Add eggs and mix
- Next add the flour, yeast and almond powder, and mix together to form a paste-like consistency.
- Pour the mixture into a buttered and floured Bundt pan
- In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar and cold butter
- Cover cake with topping
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes. Sprinkle with icing sugar and decorate with blueberries.