It’s love at first bite with this raspberry heart confection created by our very own Chef Manu. Featuring a decadent mousse bursting with fresh raspberries sandwiched between two light and crispy heart-shaped cookies – the perfect recipe for Valentine’s Day! So, show a little love with this delish dessert and be sure to treat yourself to little bite too!
Cuisine de Jardin with Chef Manu - “Cœur de Framboise,” or “Raspberry Heart.”
- 1 package puff pastry
- 1 package fresh raspberries
- 4 egg whites
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Beat egg whites with electric mixer on high speed for 3 minutes or until thick.
- Next, add half of the powdered sugar and continue beating for 10 seconds.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over boiling water.
- Beat 3 cups whipping cream in a chilled bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff.
- Fold chocolate into whipped cream.
- Gently mix in the white eggs.
- Cut puff pastry with a heart shaped cookie cutter and place on parchment paper between 2 baking pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Mix half of the raspberries with 2 tbsp water in blender to make raspberry sauce.
- Fill a pastry bag with the chocolate mousse and spread over cooled heart pastry.
- Add the raspberry sauce on top of mousse mixture and top with a second heart pastry.
- Dust the top of pastry with powdered sugar.
- Chill 1 hour before serving