We're falling for Autumn Leaves Poinsettias! It's easy to see why poinsettias are a holiday tradition that keeps on growing. The traditional red poinsettia has grown into a huge array of colors and varieties. If you love unique poinsettias, you'll love this year's newest variety on the scene... Autumn Leaves! This warm poinsettia is a stunning peachy yellow mixed with a pale pink perfect for the holiday table. Autumn Leaves will make a wonderful addition to Thanksgiving tablescapes and will transition beautifully into your Christmas decor. Warm up your holidays with this new poinsettia full of vibrant autumn hues.
Poinsettias are easy to keep beautiful and blooming throughout the holidays and beyond as long as you follow a few simple tips:
- Avoid exposing the poinsettia to freezing conditions. Do not leave it in the car while you finish shopping. Take it home and place it inside the house as soon as possible after purchasing it.
- Place your poinsettia in a spot with bright natural light, but do not expose it to direct sunlight.
- Do not place your poinsettia in an area where it will be exposed to drafts, heat from appliances, radiators, or ventilation ducts.
- The color of your poinsettia will last longer with temperatures around 65 degrees during the day and 60-65 degrees at night.
- The soil should be kept moderately moist; check every few days and water when the soil feels dry to the touch. Before watering, remove the pot covers or foil wrapping; water to saturate the soil, and then allow the pot to drain. Do not let the plant sit in standing water.
Check out more of our favorite plants! OUR PLANTS OF THE WEEK >>