HOW TO MAKE A BIRDSEED WREATH
Invite the birds to your yard and bring song, color and life to your home. Bird watching is one of America's fastest-growing hobbies, and backyard bird feeding is a convenient way to enjoy these fine-feathered friends. Their colorful and entertaining presence is fascinating to observe, especially through the long, dreary days of winter. It's always a delight to see the variety of birds that drop by for a nibble or a rest. Providing food for birds can make birds' lives easier too. Winter is a difficult time for birds and finding food can be especially challenging during periods of extreme cold. Here is a simple activity to make your own birdseed wreath to feed your backyard friends.
- Grapevine Wreath
- String or Twine
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Tie string or twine to the wreath making about a 4-inch loop.
- Spread Crisco on the wreath form.
- Sprinkle birdseed on the wreath as desired.
- Decorate with berries from your yard.
- Hang near a window so you can enjoy watching the birds!