DO-IT-YOURSELF LIVING VALENTINE
This year, give your Valentine a living gift made by your own two hands. All you need are just a few materials and some beautiful blooms. We designed our living Valentine using primrose - a flower that says "I can't live without you!" These little flowers make a big impact with mega color making it the perfect Valentine gift.
The primrose is an unusually vivid spring-blooming perennial flower. Unlike the faint pastels associated with spring, primrose shout out in bold yellows, reds, pinks, blues, oranges and white. Their flower stalks sprout up from low, ground-hugging rosettes of lush green leaves and stay in bloom for weeks. By forcing these blooms in our greenhouse, we can get them to you well before spring sets in. These flowers make a cheery houseplant this time of year, so dig in and create your own living valentine!
What You'll Need:
- Heart-shape container -- Be sure it has drainage holes.
- 3 to 6 primrose plants or any low-growing flowering plants -- We also love using succulents.
- McDonald potting mix
- McDonald Greenleaf fertilizer
- Spanish moss
- Fill the heart-shaped container with soil and drop in your plants as desired.
- We recommend planting your flowers as low as possible to keep the heart shape.
- Be sure to sprinkle in an all-purpose fertilizer like McDonald GreenLeaf to promote optimum performance.
- Tuck Spanish moss in any spaces to cover soil and top off the look!