One man’s trash is another’s treasure! Recycle old tins for a small, quick project that will add some green to your space while going green in the process.
What you’ll need:
- Tin can
- Hammer and nails (for making holes in the bottom of the can)
- Plant to be repotted (or seeds)
- Potting Soil
- Find some old cans or tins from the recycling bin and carefully cut the top out of the can using a can opener. If the edges are sharp you can use some electrical tape to smooth it out.
- Next you can drill some holes in the bottom for drainage. To make it even easier, just put some small pebbles and stones at the bottom which can serve as your drainage.
- Add your potting soil, and you’re ready to add your seeds or small plants!
- If you are repotting a plant, carefully turn the plant over with your hand under it to catch it. Lightly squeeze the plastic pot to help guide the roots out. Make a nice hole in the soil for your new plant and place your plant in it’s new container and don’t forget to water!