‘Tis the season for twinkling lights, chilly weather, Christmas trees, and the scent of fresh-cut greens. Set to deck your halls this holiday season with a fresh magnolia wreath- perfect on the front door, above the mantle, on a mirror, or as a tabletop centerpiece. Create this classic wreath with this simple DIY guide. In just six easy steps, you'll have a beautiful wreath that can deck your halls and welcome family and friends throughout the Christmas season.
What You'll Need:
- Fresh-cut magnolia greens
- 14-inch wreath form
- Floral wire
- Gather magnolia branches from you yard or purchase at your local garden center.
- Gently remove the leaves (leaving the stem) from magnolia branches. Discard branches.
- Next, assemble leaves (4-6 in a bunch) and wrap the "stems" with approximately a 12-inch piece of wire leaving several inches to attach to the frame.
- Take the leaf bundle and attach firmly to the frame making sure the wire is tight enough to keep the bundle from slipping.
- Repeat the above step and attach the bundle on the opposite side of the frame several inches away from the other bundle making sure the leaves cover the wire and stems.
- Continue all the way around until frame is full.
- Add a festive bow if desired!
NOTE: We recommend spraying your wreath with Wilt Stop by Bonide to keep it looking fresh throughout the holidays.
Click here to learn about or register for our December 14, 2019, Fresh Magnolia Wreath Workshop