Passionate about plants? WE DIG PASSIONATE PEOPLE!
Founded 70 years ago, McDonald Garden Center is a family-owned and operated garden center and landscape company. We offer a wide selection of high-quality products and services. This multifaceted business includes two year-round garden centers, seasonal garden markets, and a landscape division. We are looking for dedicated and motivated team members to continue our tradition of excellence.
- GRAPHIC DESIGNER
McDonald Garden Center is seeking a dynamic, hands-on, creative individual to fill the role of Graphic Designer at its corporate location in Hampton, Virginia. The Graphic Designer will be responsible for creative development of print, web, in-store POP, e-mail communications, packaging and internal projects. They will work collaboratively with marketing team to execute day-to-day marketing activities. The ability to think creatively and produce new ideas and concepts is a must.
• demonstrate high level of expertise utilizing Mac-based graphic design software; Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
• produce design solutions to meet the visual, branding and communication needs of the company
• work as part of a marketing team in collaboration with buyers to determine advertising and communication initiatives
• think creatively to produce new ideas and concepts
• conceptualize, design and execute print and web advertising, in-store POP, email communications and packaging
• create internal communications including training manuals, newsletters, presentations and merchandising materials
• creative layout/design of company website
• must be able to manage multiple projects while adhering to strict deadlines
• keeping abreast of emerging technologies in new media, particularly design programs such as InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
• video editing for social media advertising
• proficient in writing, editing and proofreading -- attention to detail is a must
• work independently to complete tasks with limited direction while also open to art direction and collaboration with marketing team
• knowledge and sensitivity to trends influencing design in general
• basic knowledge of coding
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 2-5 years of graphic experience
• strong project and time management skills a must
• flexible, solution oriented, and work with high sense of urgency
ADDITIONAL POSITIONS AVAILABLE:
Mail: McDonald Garden Center
Attn: Human Resource Department
1139 W. Pembroke Ave
Hampton, VA 23661